Meet Dr. Norwalk
Dr. Keith Norwalk
“Doc”, as most people call him has practiced his beloved profession since 1969 and is every bit, if not more enthusiastic about what he does now than when he started.
He is a Genoa native having grown up, graduated from its school system and returned to his roots after dental school. Dr. Norwalk received his training after high school at Heidelberg College, in Tiffin OH where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and his dental degree from The University of Detroit School of Dentistry. He practiced as an associate Dentist in Monroe MI for a little less than a year before opening his practice in Genoa.
Through the years Doc has been a staunch believer in continuing education and has received a Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry and a Fellowship in the International College of Dentists for his work. He continues in this capacity as he pursues a Mastership in the Academy of General Dentistry the highest award given for continuing education participation.
Doc has had the honor of serving as a faculty member of Owens Community College Department of Dental hygiene and as a rotational and lecturing instructor at Penta Vocational High School and Penta Career Institute.
In 2006 Doc was awarded the Marvin Fisk Humanitarian Award by the Ohio Dental Association for his work with children with special needs and with physically and mentally compromised adults.
He has been active in organized Dentistry, serving as a board of director’s member as well as President of the Toledo Dental Society. He serves currently on many advisory boards as well as the Ohio Dental Association committee on Dental Education and Licensure.
A compassionate and caring individual, Doc believes strongly in excellent communication and a patient’s full and complete understanding of his proposed care.
All questions are welcomed and embraced.
He loves to laugh and certainly enjoys a good story (or two) and will do everything he can to make your dental experience pleasant.
Dr. Norwalk is married and has 5 wonderful children, 3 grandchildren and two great grandchild.
Oh yes – one other thing – he has NO plans of retiring anytime soon!!!!!!!!!
Keith Norwalk’s Curriculum Vitae
Graduate – Genoa High School, 1961
Graduate – Heidelberg College, 1965
Graduate – University of Detroit College of Dentistry, 1969
Organized Dentistry Volunteer Positions
- Toledo Dental Society
- Past Board of Directors member
- Past President, Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer
- Past chair, Nominating Committee and Executive Office Committee
- Current Spring Clinic Chairman
- Current Continuing Education Committee member
- Give Kids A Smile volunteer dentist since inception
- Delegate to the Ohio Dental Association House of Delegates
- Ernest Bach Memorial Award 2013
- Ohio Dental Association
- 2015-2017 – Appointed to Council on Dental Care Programs and Dental Practice
- Annual Session Speaker 2012, 2014 & 2016
- Leadership Institute participant
- Marvin Fisk Humanitarian Award, 2006
- Dental Education and Licensure Committee, Chair
- Ancillary support Network of ODA Forensic Dental & Emergency Response Team.
- Ohio Academy of General Dentistry
- Board of Director’s Member
- Director of District 3
- Continuing Education Chair
- Dio-Lasers October 2011 through International Center for Laser Education
- Certification in Diode Lasers from the Academy of Laser Dentistry 2013
Educational Faculty positions and Professional Contributions
- University of Toledo Medical Center, volunteer faculty member, dental resident program
- St. Charles Mercy Hospital, past staff membership
- Owens Community College, Department of Dental Hygiene
- Expanded Function Dental Auxiliaries Education, adjunct faculty member
- Local anesthesia and nitrous oxide utilization, faculty instructor
- Penta County Vocational Dental Assisting Program
- served on Advisory Board and Curriculum Development
- Outstanding Achievement in Service to Vocational Education Award
- Guest lecturer and rotational clinical instructor in dental auxiliary utilization
- Guest lecturer at Toledo Dental Forum and St. Vincent’s Hospital Residents Program in Implantology
- Provide care for Lake, Wynn, and Oregon group homes for disturbed children
- Provide dental services for Genoa Care Center, Luther Home of Mercy, Portage Valley Otterbein, and Windsor Home extended care facilities
- Case Western Reserve Dental Medicine School – Clinical Assistant Professor in the A.E.G.D.
- Served for 20 years as Coordinator of Dentistry for the Handicapped for Grottos of North America providing free dental care for children up to 18 years of age (throughout the United States and Canada)
- Instrumental in establishing Medical University of Ohio as Regional Treatment Center for Dentistry for the Handicapped
- Clinical Assistant Professor at Case Western University School of Dental Medicine Advanced Education General Practice Residency.
- Delta Sigma Delta Dental Fraternity, member
- OPTIONS Program Dentist
- ODEFA (Ohio Dental Expanded Functions Association) State Advisory Board, member
Continuing Education Completion and Appointed Honors
- Academy of General Dentistry, Fellowship
- Academy of General Dentistry, Mastership
- Academy of General Dentistry – Lifelong Learning Service Recognition
- International College of Dentists, Fellowship
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Fellowship and Mastership
- American Academy of Orofacial Pain, Member
- American Society of Forensic Odontologists, Member
- Academy of Dentistry International, Fellowship
- Academy of Laser Dentistry, Member
- American College of Dentists –Fellowship
- American Academy of Implant Prosthodontics – Fellowship
- University of Detroit & University of Texas, extensive dental forensic training
- State of Connecticut Disaster Identification Response (forensic) Team, member
- University of Kentucky, mini residency in orofacial pain
- Residency Program in Implantology, Houston, Texas (hands on training)
- Trained in Straumann, BioHorizons,MIS, Nobel Biocare, and Imtec and Lew implant systems
- Mentor in Implantology, Nash Institute of Advanced Dental Learning, Charlotte, North Carolina with Dr. Michael Tischler
- Fellowship and Mastership in American Academy of Implant Prosthodontics.
- 2 to end of ” Academy of General Dentistry – Lifelong Learning Service Recognition (2)”
- Ottawa County American Cancer Society, past board member
- Active in many Masonic groups
- “Man Against Prostate Cancer” golf fundraising benefit, past organizer
KEITH A. NORWALK D.D.S
103 W. FIFTH STREET
GENOA, OH 43430
Dr. Norwalk’s latest achievement!
Read more about this award here.